Share This Article
1. Logitech G13 Software is available in a variety of languages, but not all.
2. You’ll need to use your keyboard’s arrow keys to scroll through the software interface and menus.
3. The software allows you to have multiple profiles on one computer, with each profile able to store up to 16 macros and set its own configuration options independently from other profiles on the same system.
4. All macro functions can be assigned by simply clicking on any key or mouse button you want it associated with in the layout editor- no programming required!
5. The software doesn’t allow for customizing hotkeys for game-specific features like chat windows or video playback controls, which would be a nice addition if possible in future versions.
This blog post is about Logitech G13 Software and how to face the hard truths of what it can do.
The following are truths:
Logitech G13 software does not work with any game that has been released in the last four years, including all games on Xbox One or PS One consoles. The only way you’ll be able to see if your favorite game works with Logitech G13 software is by checking its compatibility list (a good guide for this).
You won’t find a single new release from 2014 onward there. It’s an exclusive club! But don’t worry; as long as these two requirements are met, then your system should be compatible: Chromebooks and Windows XP SP-level.
It is always in a gamer’s best interest to invest the time and resources into finding out what works for them. Choosing Logitech G13 software for one’s gaming needs does not mean that it is right for everyone. The following are some of the reasons why gamers may want to reconsider investing their time, money, or reliability on this product:
The lack of customizable buttons means that certain games will require many more hotkeys than necessary. This can get very frustrating when playing with only 26 buttons (not including modifiers).
A smaller interface also translates into less visibility which makes it difficult to identify exactly where all your commands reside as well as being able to find any specific command at a glance.